Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My newest obsession! (new post just for Sherri!)

I always love a new challenge! A few weeks ago I helped host a baby shower for a dear friend. We had decided we wanted those cute little decorated cookies for our guests to take home as favors. I piped up that I would make them! Have I ever made a decorated cookie, you ask? Well, no, but I am sure I can figure it out!!! So, I made a trip to Hobby Lobby, looked at a few blogs on-line and off I go! I invited my bestie over to help. She is my confidence booster! We made up the cookie dough and had to do a little taste test! It was wonderful!!!
As some of the cookies were baking, the icing got started. It posed more of a challenge in the fact that we had to quadruple the recipe and we decided it definately DID NOT have enough liquid in the recipe. So, a little of this and a little of that later, we had a perfect royal icing. LET THE DECORATING BEGIN.........

5 hours later, we had a finished project!!! They turned out so cute and they were delicious!!!

AND.... as for the title of this post, we are decorating Halloween cookies this Sunday afternoon! And I have basketball cookies to do, and Thanksgiving cookies to fix, and Christmas cookies to decorate....well, you get the picture!

1 comment:

  1. Oh.My.Gosh! Those onesie cookies are to DIE for cute! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete