Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Warm Comfort Food

It's cold and rainy here, sleeting some here and there and a little snow. The kids and I are on break until January 5th so we had a lazy day today. I did do the laundry and got most of my Christmas decorations down. We also made a quick trip to the fabric shoppe to get some material for a project I am working on. I am fighting a cold, so I wanted something nice and warm for supper. Last week at work, we had a chili cook-off for our contract physicist's last day. He is from Oregon by way of Florida, so he wanted a "real" Texas chili cook-off for his going away party. My friend Sherri made this awesome Cheesy Chicken Chili! I thought I would pass along the recipe. It is the ultimate comfort food! (it's very easy too!)

Sherri's Cheesy Chicken Chili

4 cooked chicken breasts (shredded) I only used 3
1 can chopped green chilis
3 cans great northern beans, undrained
1 medium jar of Pace Picante sauce
8 oz shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Mix all together and simmer until hot.

Serve with tortilla chips! Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Yummy!! That looks so good and sounds nice and warm! Thanks, I'll have to try it
    Kaysi
    Keeping It Simple

    ReplyDelete