Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy Veteran's Day



Today was a very emotional day. Along with honoring our Veteran's today, we laid to rest my great-uncle. He served in the United States Army for almost 30 years, he fought in WW II and loved his country until his last breath. He was buried with full military honors and the service was beautiful! It was fitting for him to be buried on Veteran's Day. Thank you to ALL soldiers and veteran's today, I LOVE being an American!


Loyd Leon Sample
1919-2010


This photo is one of my very favorites! I took it this summer, this flag flys over the battlefield in Vicksburg, Mississippi.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to read about your uncle. What a neat life he lead spending all those years in the military.

    As far as the washclothes...I double crochet them 25 across and 25 up or down...a square. I hope you get a chance to try them...it's so fun and relaxing!!!

    Merry Chirstmas

    ReplyDelete