Sunday, January 2, 2011

Fresh Beginnings...

I love a new start, a clean slate, a fresh beginning! The beginning of 2011 sparks a fire in me to clean and simplify, to start new things, tidy up if you will. Not only my home but my heart too. I don't like to express "resolutions" for the new year, I prefer "hopes." SO, my hopes for the New year are.....read my Bible through, simplify my home, clear clutter in my home and mostly my mind, save money, live simply, send birthday cards to my family and friends (on time!), be a better friend, but mostly I want to draw near to God and let him guide me.
I want to be a better blogger, I have many family members that I don't get to see very often and recently they have told me...."you haven't updated your blog, what have you been up to?" SO, I can't disappoint them!
My job recently announced a cutback on hours. Starting Feb 1 we will be working 4 days a week. It's a scary thought, even though it isn't as big of a cutback as some people have faced recently, but it's enough to shake me into reality and begin trying to think of ways to save my family money. SO, as the year begins, so does the budget! Wish me luck!
Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. First I too am glad that you have updated the blog.
    Second, I will like to declutter my home too. I found a website Flylady.com. She seems to be good. Some girls at work has had there husbands tell them their homes have never looked better.
    Third, Dave Ramsey. Not only is he a financial person but a good christian. Just common sense stuff.

    Dont worry you are a fantastic friend.

    Thanks for updating everyone.
    PAM

    ReplyDelete