Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Redland Rendevous

My niece, Sydney had a volleyball tournament this weekend in Oklahoma City. My sister invited Mom and I to come spend the weekend with her and the girls. SOOO, Friday after work, off we went! We arrived in Bricktown that evening about the same time the Wichita girls did!

We turned in early since Sydney and Tina had to be over at the Cox Convention center at 8:00 a.m. Mom, Nicole and I stayed back at the hotel until 9. She had 4 games of 2 sets each on Saturday.




They finished up about 3:00 p.m. Nicole and I had already schemed a plan to go across to the Ford Center and try to get some tickets to the Thunder game, but they were sold out! :(
We headed back to the room to freshen up for dinner. We went into Bricktown and ate at The Spaghetti Warehouse...yummy! It was so good. After dinner, Mom went to the room and Tina, the girls and I went over to Pinketzel Cupcakes!







It was such a neat place! Of course, there was a sea of teenage girls due to the tournament! We sat in the cafe and ate our cupcake and had some hot cocoa. It was SO cold and the cocoa hit the spot!


Sunday, CCVA played at 8:00 a.m. They qualified for the Gold bracket, which were the best teams in the tourney! Unfortunately, they lost their first 2 games and ended up in 4th place. But, they were proud anyway! It was the 1st tourney of the season!

Mom and I headed home Sunday afternoon. We got home and had 5 inches of snow on the ground!! The best part, I got a snow day on Monday!! Woo Hoo!!

It was a super great weekend, spent with my favorite girls!!!!


>

1 comment:

  1. Had to be right up there at the top of my favorite all-time weekends! There's nothing like spending a few days with "MY GIRLS" to rejuvenate me. God blessed me so when he gave me two daughters AND 3 GRANDAUGHTERS!

    ReplyDelete