Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Pinterest tested, People approved!

The Red Velvet Poke cake was a hit!  and so easy to make.

You start out with a Red velvet cake mix, made according to box instructions.  After taking it out of the oven, poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon (you want pretty big holes).  Mix up two boxes of cheesecake instant pudding, pour IMMEDIATELY over cake, don't let it set up or it won't soak into cake.  I spread the pudding out a little with a spoon.  Refridgerate at least 2 hours.  Cover with 8 oz. carton of cool whip before serving.  You can crush 10 oreos and sprinkle on top also, but I didn't do this because they would get soggy before serving.  I crushed the cookies and had them in a bowl beside the cake to sprinkle on it you wanted.

I've read on Pinterest about several differnt options with this cake..I'm definately going to try the banana pudding version!

No comments:

Post a Comment