Thursday, October 4, 2012

3 months old

*I started this post on her 3 month birthday, but am just now getting it posted!  Haha


Reese!  You are 3 months old!  How can it be?  This month proved to be just like the other two, you consistently learned new things and have changed Mommy and Daddy's life for the better!  You are growing like a weed!

You weigh 14 pounds and 8 ounces!  Your auntie Pam weighed you at her office one day when she kept you.  You have definately grown in length, we will know for sure in October at your 4 month check-up.

You are nursing like a champ still...in a few weeks we are going to start giving you cereal from a spoon.  You take a bottle before bed with cereal mixed in.  We have a whole bedtime routine that allows you to calm down from the day.  Mommy enjoys it too!  It's a warm bath, which you LOVE!  You kick the water so cute when you are in the water.  Then we lay on Mommy's bed and get lathered up with baby lotion (which makes me want to eat you up! I love the smell of a clean baby all lotioned up!)  Then we put on comfy jammies and go to the rocking chair and have our warm bottle.  You are usually soooo sleepy by this point, but I rock you with your blanket until you fall good and asleep.  Then I lay you down and say a prayer over you....we are so thankful for you!

You are in a size 2 diaper....we like Huggies and Pampers!  You have been known to have a few "accidents".  I don't think there's a diaper big enough for some of your "bowel habits"!   You are quite the gassy girl!  You have to work on manners in this category!  Haha

You are in size 3-6 months clothes...there's a lot of stuff we've moved up to 6 month but you can still wear quite a bit of the 3 month stuff.

You still sleep in your Pack n Play beside my bed.  I love having you close to me at night.  You sleep through the night most nights.  I can't complain at all about your sleep habits!  You've done well since you were born.  You usually take a good morning nap and a good afternoon nap.  Sometimes it 30 minutes, sometimes 2 hours!

You love your "sooby" still, but not as much now that you've found your fingers!  We still do not leave home without it!!

Your tummy time is still something you don't like.  You are doing so good with it though.  You love the bouncy seat too, but you're not fond of the swing because is doesn't let you set up enough.  You like to be up and looking around!

Mommy went back to work this month and you stay with your Granni and Pepaw!  I'm not sure who is more in love with who!  Pepaw comes over and picks you up about 6:30 a.m. before he goes to feed the cows.  Granni loves on you all day and you play and play over there with lots of new toys.  You are doing super eating from a bottle and napping.  I am so lucky that they keep you and you don't have to go to daycare.

Reesie, you continue to amaze me daily.  We fall deeper and deeper in love with you each day.  I am so blessed that God is letting me be your Mommy!  You are definately the light of my life.  I just pray each day for your health and happiness and that you will always know you are God's child and that you will develop a love for your Savior and a desire to serve Him.

Mommy loves you!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mandy! I'm a new follower =)

    Your little girl is adorable!! I'm anxious to read more of your blog!! =)

    ReplyDelete