Saturday, August 3, 2013

Saturday



I had a "catch up" day today!  I intended to sleep in, my vacation is almost over....but, as always, I woke up about 7 a.m.  I waited to see if Reese was going to get up also, but that silly girl slept until 9:00!  That never happens!  I got tons of stuff done before the princess got up!

McKenna came home from baseball practice and watched Reese while I cleaned out the fridge and did the dishes and got the kitchen cleaned up.  For some reason, my house always seems cleaner if my kitchen is clean!  I whipped up a cookie bar recipe for the Back to School bash at our Youth ministers house tonight.  It was so good...recipe to follow!

Reese and I laid down and took a little nap this afternoon.  We all came home from Alabama with a summer cold and I personally feel like a truck ran over my face.  Ugh, I hate sinus pressure!  We got up and got ready to go to Robin and Steve's house.  We ate hot dogs and hamburgers, then watched the kids swim.  I won a game of horseshoes against Bill then we had the neatest experience....Steve set up a movie on the outside screen, it was awesome to watch under the stars.  The movie was called Homerun....it was fabulous if you ever get the chance to see it!
Here's the recipe I made:
1 yellow cake mix
1 egg
1 stick butter, melted
Mix above ingredients and pat into greased 13 x 9 pan.
Add a layer of coconut, then chopped pecans, then milk chocolate chips.
Pour a can of Eagle brand milk over the entire pan.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

Danger...it is RICH!

No comments:

Post a Comment