Thursday, October 25, 2012

Family Reunion

Every October, the Sample family (my Dad's side) gets together down on our family farm.  It's a wonderful time of year and we usually have a blast!  This year was no different, the weather was perfect, we had a great crowd and we got to show Miss Priss off!!!
Friday night we had a fish fry for the family and close friends.  We had over 100 people there!  It was awesome to see good friends and family that traveled lots of miles to be there!  It was a little cool but we still visited until well after dark.  I took Reese home about 9:00 and Clint and McKenna rolled in after midnight.  Apparently, after most of the crowd went home, a dominoe game pursued!  And they got all the meat on the smoker for Saturday!  Yum-O!
Granni and Glenna got a little Reese "lovins"
Delena (and my future nephew) visiting with Misty

Granni enjoyed showing Reese off to everyone!
Saturday, it was mostly family for the day.  We had around 65 people show up!  We get together on my Dad's ranch in an old hunting cabin that was originally built in the 1940's, some additions were made in the 60's but hardly any since then!  We still have hunters that come and stay there and, of course, our boys use it during deer season and for fish camp in the summer.  It has a wall that kids have measured on and signed for lots and lots of years!  Of course, Miss Priss had to get her name on "the wall."
Clint and my Aunt Connie measured Reese!






My sister and her family came from Wichita Falls, they had not seen Reese since she was a few weeks old, so needless to say, Aunt Tina and cousins Sydney and Nicole were "Reese hogs!"



Sydney and Nicole love their cousin!!


I love my Sydney!  She's a "mini=me"
Uncle Carl meeting Reese for the first time!
 My Grandfather had 10 brothers and sisters, there are 2 left and they came to the reunion.  Our family has always been close and get together at least once a year, sometimes twice.  We love having everyone come, lots of food, fun and good times!
My Dad giving his "welcome address"  He loves having his family get together!
Reese kept everyone entertained!!





No comments:

Post a Comment