Saturday, July 20, 2013

Getting excited...but first...10,000 things to do

We are heading to Gulf Shores this coming week.  We are so very excited!  It will be our first beach vacation, Reese's first vacation period and the first we are taking with dear friends, the Russells.

I'm a planner...and I've been banned from planning out every minute of every day we will be gone.  Clint wants to have a beachy attitude...relaxation is our number one goal.  I'm ok with that, kinda.  I still have to have a rough idea of what I'm doing daily, I am not a person that can just role with it.  I've tried.  So, we got together Friday night to "sorta" set an agenda just so I can function!  Ha.  We are planning on leaving very early Thursday morning, visiting the Duck Commander in Monroe (and hopefully getting to see any of the Robersons!) then on to Vicksburg, MS for the night.  We will be headed to the condo on Friday.

I've scoped out lots of great places to eat while in Gulf Shores....if you have any suggestions, send them my way!
My Saturday was full of "to-dos"...

I got my hair cut and colored this morning.  It feels great to have it freshened up for the trip.  My goal is to come home with a nice photo for our Christmas cards this year!

Clint ran Sophie over to the vet, turns out Miss Priss has been sharing her food with the doggy!  And Sophies belly couldn't take it!  Glad my four legged baby is finally feeling better.

We hit up Academy for my boys some beach clothes....On the ranch, there isn't much use for shorts and flip flops.  They are fixed up now though!

And last thing on our list...attending the 6th birthday of our dear friends precious girl, Emili.  I'll never forget the day she was born.  She was the first baby I had witnessed the birth of and it was amazing.  Her mom, Misty has been my best friend since we were 4, and Emi and I have a very close relationship.  Misty swears its because we bonded that day she entered the world!  She is adorable and Reese loves her!  McKenna took Reese down the inflatable water slide!  It was so cute, but she wasn't fond of it!

Ok...now I think bed is on my list next!

Happy trails.....

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks so much for your comment on my blog! I updated the burlap pencil post a little bit to add some details about supplies. I just use the cheap acrylic paints from Hobby Lobby and spray the piece with high gloss sealer when I'm done--that's what gives it the shiny look! Super quick and easy project!

    P.S. We went to Gulf Shores back in June--our favorite restaurant was The Original Oyster House. Fun environment, great seafood! LuLus's is fun and good, too--but it was difficult to find a time to eat there without a long wait. I think we ate a late lunch there one day (1:00ish, and didn't have to wait).

    ReplyDelete