Thursday, January 21, 2010

CHANGE IS GOOD

Gosh, I didn't intend to stay gone this long...Sorry! I don't know if you can tell by the title, but my life has completely turned upside down in the last 2 weeks. Sometimes, change is good. I recently had some "changes" in my job. While I had thought I loved what I was doing, I don't think I did. Actually, just recently I had started not to love it. Does that make sense? I have worked in my department 3 years. For the last 6 months, the stress level was at gynormous levels, I don't do stress well. Stress causes all kinds of problems. Needless to say, since the change, I have been in a great mood. Tons of weight has been lifted off of me. I feel refreshed and awakened to a whole new world. I took a great weekend trip with my hubby. I didn't lug a bag of books, either!! I took craft stuff and leisure books and fun stuff. I have came home at night and cooked a great dinner for my family, did a few sewing projects, planned some fun nights with friends, and planned for the future without saying, "what if.. and maybe after..." Hopefully, we will be welcoming a little Pierce this year. I feel like I put many things on hold for advancment in my career and when I got there, I didn't like it. It was hard for me to admit, I don't give up easy. I like to "make" things work and that's not how it should be. Lots of things have occurred recently that made me realize that you can't put things off, live each minute to its maximum. There is a song on the radio that says "say I love you a million times a day." 2010 is going to be "my year." My year of accomplishments, new projects, and fun stuff. My year of spending time with my family over spending time in textbooks, being loud while playing games with my kids rather than sitting at a quiet table studying. I can't wait.
Funny how God orchestrates our lives with intricate details. How He knows what we need before we even have an urge. He has planned our lives to a degree farther than we could ever dream. My friend Stanna had a wonderful quote in her Christmas card this year, "Happiness will chase you if you follow Him." That is so true. I have realized over the last few years, I have tried to direct my own cart. What a failure that ends up like! With all that said, I have projects to finish!!

No comments:

Post a Comment