Saturday, January 30, 2010

Out of control creativity

For the last several months, my dining room has been my sewing room. I was so blessed through the holidays with many, many orders. I loved every minute of making the adorable Thanksgiving and Christmas clothes for the kiddos. I also loved getting to create matching accessories like foo foo bows and headbands. Unfortunately, the chaos that surrounded all that creating left me with a ribbon stash that looked like this....

So, here it is the end of January and I am still working around all this mess! I can't believe the orders haven't slowed down much! I'm thankful, don't get me wrong, but I have to stop for a second and re-organize my supplies. I am a slight OCD personality and I like order in my workspace. This past week, we had a lot of work done in my kitchen (a later post). We had the floor replaced and new granite countertops put in. I have been cleaning out cabinets and purging a lot in the kitchen, so today, I continued on to the dining room/studio!! It took me 2 hours to wind all the ribbon back on the spools and organize them. I tried to do it by color and size, but I know the next time I start getting them all out, that will go away!!! I think it turned out quite well. I'm satisfied for a while now!
I have to see all my options when I am making something. I like to see colors of everything and see what makes a popping contrast. I love just reaching in and grabbing a bunch of different colors and textures and putting them all together. It's funny how you can make things match! So, this 3 drawer tote is perfect for all my ribbons. I think I have a serious ribbon addiction!! Hahaha What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment