Sunday, February 14, 2010

I stand AMAZED.

Gosh, I am going to try to re-cap the last few days! I am still recovering! I can basically sum up all the details in 3 words -- I STAND AMAZED! First of all, Thursday we had a wonderful blast of beautiful snow.

In southeast Oklahoma, we don't get a whole lot of snow. It was breathtaking!

I am amazed at the small details God has blessed us with. I was in awe how the snow settles in the crooks and crannies of this earth. We had a good time too! Though, I was the only one that did not get a snow day on Friday, I was able to sleep in and go to work a little late! I had to post this picture, my Bassett, Duchess wasn't impressed with the stuff - of course it came up to her neck!!



Friday evening my Mom, Delena (my SIL) and my Mom's high school best friend Brenda all attended the East Paris Baptist churchs annual women's conference.


The theme was "I stand amazed." Let me tell you, Saturday afternoon when the conference ended I was exhausted and amazed! We heard two dynamic speakers and the music was unbelievable. It was so awesome!
The best part was experiencing it with this group of wonderful women! We spent the night in a hotel had a blast! It was a great time! Thanks Dee for being my roomie! BTW, the speakers were Carol Kent and Dennis Jernigan. Both have phenomenal stories, and each have a website if you want more information. Both stories will knock your socks off!
Saturday evening after we got home from the conference, we had about 15 minutes before we needed to leave to go watch my niece play basketball in the playoffs. We decided to eat in McAlester at Pete's.
It's a popular place in Oklahoma, great atmosphere and food! Italian, yummy! We celebrated Valentine's Day over dinner.
It was nice to spend that time with my parents, Clint, McKenna and Brenda. Brenda was very impressed with Pete's and she liked the high school basketball experience. I'm not sure she was too keen on the winding roads in Oklahoma!!McKenna spent the road trip on the laptop!
We got home very late and went right to bed! Sunday morning we went to church and I had to teach children's church. We had a very cool Valentine's party. I think the kids had a blast. We ended our evening at a Bible study at our church called Love and Respect. It's a male/female relationship study. Very interesting! I think it's going to be great to get inside Clint's heart and mind. Happy Love Day!! I hope all of you had a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Mandy, Thanks so much for posting the story of our wonderful weekend! It could not have been any more perfect. I am sure God had a hand in it all the way around!I'm truly blest with my family and friends! can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete