Friday, May 24, 2013

Confidence in Motherhood

Kelly wrote a wonderful post on being confident in choices you make as a mom.  I literally could have written that post myself...it was like she was reading my mind!  I wasn't ready to be a mom until my early thirties....what I didn't know was that God wasn't ready until I was 37!  It was such a painful few years.  A few years I was just assume forget about.  BUT, I have the sweetest, most beautiful baby girl now and I do have a hard time remembering all the painful stuff.  It was a season, and I believe God sends us through different seasons to make us stronger and more thankful.

The choices I made with Reese are mine.  I am mostly confident in them.. Now, I'm not saying I don't ask friends about what they did in certain instances but I still decide for myself.  Breastfeeding was my first choice I made...but I went into it with the mindset, if it worked, it worked.  If it didn't, I'd switch to formula.  Luckily, Reese nursed wonderfully until 7 months.  I tried not to be consumed with "breast milk is best" because I was a formula baby, and turned out fine.
Kelly made a point that she could not let her girls "cry it out"...I was so relieved to hear that!  I CANNOT do it either!  I loved to rock Reese as a baby, and I still do!  That is part of our routine that I love!  I will rock her when she's 13 if she'll let me!  Ha!  She sleeps pretty decent, goes to bed around 8:30 in her crib in my room, she wakes up around 12 or 1 for a little "swig" of warm milk and she's out again.  At this time, she may or may not end up snuggled up next to mama in the big bed!  I know, I know, most of you are shaking your head but as a friend put it to me, "you only have her for 18-20 years then she'll be gone."  So basically, if she wants to sleep with us until then, we're fine with that.  The biggest thing about that is that Clint is fine with it too, if he didn't want her in the bed, we'd figure something else out.
Taking the bottle and sooby (pacifier) away is something I haven't faced or thought too much about, to be honest!  I dread the day.  She gets so excited when she sees me making her bottle and  I just can't stand that thought of her having to give up something she loves so much.  I am confident we won't go to Kindergarten with it though!  HA

No comments:

Post a Comment