Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Cute ideas

I had to share this little baby skirt with you. I have a friend that has a "preemie." Elyse was born 6 weeks early and is a cute, little peanut. She is up to 7 pounds+ right now. I made her the cutest "turkey" onesie to wear on Thanksgiving and her "Momo" wanted to know if I could make her a skirt to go with it, and a hairbow. I haven't made a skirt or any other garment in a LONG time. I do a lot of clothing embellishments but never have made the actually piece of clothing itself. I had an idea in my head, I am forever designing in my head. I talked it over with my Mom, who can make anything. Since I didn't have a pattern, I needer her advice. She said, oh, it's easy....figure your width then make a hem and a casing for the elastic.....ya ya ya. I sketched and cut and threw away and then finally had an epiphany...get the Cabbage Patch!!! The doll is about the same size as Ellie. So, away I went and this is what I came up with! Please excuse the naked doll, I didn't have a top for her. I made the bow to match the outfit.

This set was made for a friend to give as a baby gift. I love the pink and brown and this little one is a "cowgirl." I decorated the denim overalls and made a set of burp cloths to match. Then I made her a "keepsake" chenille bib. I love it!

I have been quite busy lately with Christmas orders and baby orders. My newest thing is a "diaper cupcake". I will post some on here later.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday week. I am looking forward to a few days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment