Friday, July 31, 2009

It helps to have connections...

Today I got off early from work. I thought I would get to spend a leisure afternoon doing fun stuff- yeah, right! I stopped at my favorite quilt shop and picked up some new fabric for some projects I have planned. I went by and got the kids at Clint's mom's. As we walked into the house I was met with a huge gust of heat! Our house was so hot! My first thought was I turned the thermostat up too high this morning when I left. I looked at the read-out and it said 87. I went to McKenna's room and stood up in his chair to see if the air was cool coming out of the vent. I am only 5'3" so I really couldn't tell if the air was even blowing. I went into panic mode thinking, "Great, its just my luck, Friday afternoon and I need an A/C repairman." Luckily, my bother was at the ranch this week so I tracked him down and asked him if he had time to come check it out. He hopped in the truck and came over. He came inside, looked at the unit, went outside, took the cover off, listened, looked, wiggled some fuses, AND wa-la! The fan started right up! We went in and waited a little bit to see if the temp was coming down, indeed is was. Praise the Lord, this girl doesn't like to be hot! Randy tested some of the vents and all seemed to check out fine! He seems to think the recent electricity surges from the thunderstorms made it go wacky! Moral of this story - I am SOOO thankful to have connections within the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment