Saturday, July 25, 2009

Mini-vacation

The family and I are in Oklahoma City this weekend on a little "mini" vacation. Clint asked me earlier in the week if I wanted to go somewhere this weekend and I jumped at the chance. Being married to a farm boy sometimes has its disadvantages, summer being one of them! When he gets home from his "real" job he jumps on the tractor and I usually don't see him until way after the sun goes down. So, here we are. We took in a OKC Redhawks game this evening and it was really cool. The small ballpark feel was so neat. We set right behind home plate so we were right on top of the action. McKenna and I stood in line for an hour to get Andre Dawson's autograph. He was set up to sign from 7 to 9 and we got in line at 7:45 - at 8:55 we finally got up to the table. I was really getting nervous they would shut down right in front of us! Andre Dawson was an awesome baseball player in his prime. McKenna said I was a pretty good mom to stand in line with him for an hour! That was sweet. We had dessert from the Cheesecake Factory! Yummy! Shhhhh! Don't tell the diet police!!
I am now sitting in bed with Clint's laptop! What I would give for wireless internet at home!!!
We are off to the Cowboy Hall of Fame tomorrow. I am excited because we haven't told McK where we are going. He will be beside himself!

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you guys got away for the weekend. I know how relaxing those quick trips can be. I bet McKenna had a blast. Les has been on call the last 2 weekends, and will be on call next weekend also. So it is like being a single mom. So I understand Clint not being around in the summer. I am afraid it is going to be worse in winter for us. I may have to make more trips to OK myself. If so I will stop by with little man and visit.

    Glad you got some relaxing done before the grind of the work week. Don't worry about the dessert. You should treat yourself. A little dessert occationally never hurt anyone.

    Love, Pam and Carter

    ReplyDelete