Sunday, July 26, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a really good quick trip to OKC. The Cowboy Hall of Fame was very interesting. They had an awesome art exhibit, all cowboy related, of course. There were some breath-taking paintings. Some were so good it looked like a photograph. It was neat to share some culture with the kiddos, everybody needs a little sometime!! McKenna absorbed the rodeo exhibit, I don't know if it is always there, but the Gaylord section was set up like a mini-arena. You walked through and they had all of the categories explained. We sailed through all except the bullriding, of course! We poured over various pieces of equipment that once belonged to Lane Frost and Freckles Brown. We stared at pictures and watched video clips and 2 hours later walked out with a little boy on cloud 9!! If you ever visit the OKC area, stop by the National Cowboy Hall of Fame!
Drove home through some dark clouds, unfortunately never saw actual raindrops. We were hoping to have a little rain shower.
I walked 2 miles when we got home and worked on some sewing projects I needed to finish. I made out my menu and grocery list for the week, that is one of the things that really helps me stay focused on my "new way of eating." (Notice - I did NOT say diet) It helps to see my week and have some idea of what I will be eating, preparation is the key for me.
Want to send a big birthday wish out to my sweet nephew Garrett! Happy Birthday, G-Man!!! We love you very much!
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment