Friday, May 22, 2009

My thoughts lately...

With school out and summer just a few days away, I have been in a not-so-good mood. Don't get me wrong, I used to dream about summer vacations. Something happens when you become an adult and reality hits...summer only matters when you are a student! I vote all occupations should have a summer holiday, wouldn't that be great. You could sleep late with your kids, no bedtimes, no schedules, eat popsicles on the porch and sleep out beneath the stars. AHHHH....

Oh, yeah, where was I....that's right my not-so-good mood. It started earlier this week...I took a few days off to wrap up things with the PTSA. As a member of the parent-teacher-student association I needed a few days to attend various functions we sponser. Monday was the last day of school so Mom and I attended McKenna's awards assembly then he went on to a swim party as his best friends house. (Thanks, Shannon!! He had a blast!) Kindergarten graduation was also Monday night then we hosted the end of school teacher luncheon. Well, on the way home Monday I begin to feel a little "icky." As the day went on I got sicker and sicker. I'll spare you the details, it wasn't pretty, lets just say I spent Monday afternoon through Tuesday in bed (or the bathroom). It was the most awful virus I had ever had.
That leads me to what I posted this message for, I didn't feel very chipper the rest of the week. I needed some soothing music for my comute on Wednesday, not only because I felt ill still but also, having 3 days off felt way to good. I love "The Message" on XM radio - it's great praise music and uplifting in the morning especially. So I've had it set to that channel and for the last 3 days it hasn't moved. I have been so blessed by the music. I truly felt like God was speaking to me through the verses of each song. One of my favorite verses is Isaiah 53:5 "But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed." (NIV) I heard a song this week by the same name "By His Wounds" it is a wonderful song BUT my new favorite song also played on "The Message" today. My friend Sherri shared with me a moving moment from her church last week. The youth leader is a dear woman battling metastatic breast cancer and she sang "Hope Now" by Addison Road. Sherri played me the song and I fell in love with it. It will leave you speechless. Go take a listen to it. Here are someof the lyrics:

If everything comes down to love
Then just what am I afraid of
When I call out Your name
Something inside awakes in my soul
How quickly I forget I'm Yours
(PRE-CHORUS)
I'm not my own
I've been carried by You
All my life
(CHORUS)
Everything rides on hope now
Everything rides on faith somehow
When the world has broken me down
Your love sets me free
When my life is like a storm
Rising waters all I want is the shore
You say I'll be ok and
Make it through the rain
You are my shelter from the storm


It kinda puts things in perspective, we are not in control of our own lives, thank goodness, mine would be a train wreck. I am thankful I have hope and faith and a gracious Lord who puts up with me! Thanks Sherri for sharing the song, thanks friends for listening to me ramble on, and THANK YOU GOD FOR BEING MY HOPE NOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment