Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Honest Crap Award (I mean Honest Scrap!) and a cookie recipe


Ok, I have been awarded the Honest Scrap Award from Mammy over at Come to Mammy's. I am supposed to list 7 honest things about me that people may not know. Hence the title, crap or scrap, either way here they are....

1.) I am terrified of water, I hate to swim and failed 4 years of swimming lessons when I was a kid.

2.) I flipped my teacher off when I was in Kindergarten and the sixth grade. In my defense, a high school boy told me it meant "Good Morning" so I was so excited to do it to Mrs. Knight in Kindergarten. As for doing it in the sixth grade? Let's just say I knew by then it did not mean "Good Morning." I am realtively sure I just mortified my mother!! AGAIN!

3.) I count my change once a month and keep it written down according to denomination. I keep it in a huge can in my closet and to date have $300.00 plus in pennies. Sorry, it's very OCD, I know.

4.) I got my first ticket when I was in college and was so scared to let my parents know, I went to the courthouse and met with the judge to beg him not to have it recorded on my insurance. I had a money order ready to pay the ticket, it was actually too much and when he asked for an address to send the refund, I quickly spouted out my aunt's address. He told me I was sure going through a lot of trouble so my parents wouldn't find out and I replied, "Sir, my dad told me if I ever get a ticket, I will have to park my car and not drive, and I believe he will do it!" As far as I know, my Mom just found out as she read this - and that has been 16 years ago!!

5.) I shave my legs EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! No, I don't have some wild disease where my hair grows at warp speed. I just can't stand even the thought of stubble.

6.) I eat M&M's according to color, red, then green, the blue - well, you get the picture. The only time I don't eat them that way is when I pour them into my popcorn at the movies.

7.) I love to duck hunt. Last year, I took up hunting so I could spend more time with my husband, and, well, ended up loving it!! Can't wait until December!!!

Whew! That was hard. I am a very open person, to come up with things I don't think people know was brutal. Ok, on to the recipe!!


THE EASIEST PEANUT BUTTER COOKIES

1 cup peanut butter, creamy or chunky
1 cup sugar
1 egg

Mix together, form into balls, and press with a sugared glass. Sprinkle with a little sugar before baking. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes. They are so soft! You can make them any size you want. But the recipe will make about one dozen 1.5 inch diameter cookies. ENJOY!

3 comments:

  1. What a great friend you are! Even if you are a little ditzy when it comes to M&M's. Mandy, you shouldn't have told that. :)

    That recipe sounds super easy. I'll for sure try it for the bake sale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! HA! I knew ALL of your "Secrets"! Don't you know us Moms know everything!-----OK, well, I didn't know about the M&M thing-----I don't think I would have told that one myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the m&m thing sounds just like you as does the counting of the pennies.

    ReplyDelete