Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Who says I can follow directions?

I was so excited about getting a Blog award, I didn't pay attention to the directions...Haha, I must make my mother SOOOO proud!

Ok, I am supposed to say "Thanks" to my presenter.....Ya'll - meet Mammy! She is one of my very favorite people in the whole world. She used to be my Sunday school teacher and was wonderful at it. She could take a passage of scripture and make it truly sing to my soul. She is so funny and absolutely an angel. Visit her blog www.cometomammys.blogspot.com
I am also supposed to share 10 things about myself - I listed 7 in the post below so here are 3 more...

8.) I pass out at the sight of my own blood. I start IV's on people everyday and it doesn't bother me, but when the needle is coming my direction.....Whew..I'm kinda light headed already!

9.) My husband prefers me raking hay, he says I am the only one that doesn't make a crazy pattern in front of the bayler! That is really a compliment, people!!

10.) I met Jimmy Houston coming out of the Branding Iron in Durant, Oklahoma. He is my all-time favorite professional fisherman, yes, I know, that is pretty amazing! Hahaha, as a girl who grew up on Red River in a family of fishermen, this is BIG. HUGE. I was even nicknamed "Jimmyetta" and my brother got me a genuine, autographed copy of Jimmy's book and he even wrote "to Jimmyetta....." He thought it was hilarious, had never heard such!

I am now supposed to present this award to 7 bloggers I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those whose blog has encouraged me.
Here they are.....

*Erica, www.haidynandlandry.blogspot.com
She is one of my very dear friends and an excellent photographer in Navarre Beach, Florida

*Amber at www.mcillecespot.blogspot.com
I love reading her blog and she encourages my "monogram" frenzy!

*Tickled Pink Housewife - I am honored she follows my blog, can't believe anyone finds my life the least bit interesting!
www.tickledpinkhousewife.blogspot.com

*Eloise at www.weaselsjourney.blogspot.com
I love reading her blog and tonight her brownie recipe makes my mouth water!

*Cassi at www.martyandcassirash.blogspot.com
She is on of the blogs I read for inspiration, she's a runner among other things

*Jeni at www.athomeingeorgia.blogspot.com
For one, she is raising her kids while her husband is overseas in the military -that alone is inspiring, but also she makes the most adorable things out of the cutest fabric!

*Melissa at www.huckleberryprairie.blogspot.com
I love her blog, it is so stinkin cute!


Now I must tell those 7 people they've been awarded Honest Scrap and inform them of the guidelines.
Please pay them a visit and tell them Mimi sent you!!!

5 comments:

  1. so i can totaly believe that you rake the straightest lines when you are haying. Can you say OCD. We would not have you any other way.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable blog you have here! I know I wish I was close to any of my blogging buddies, but it seems they are all at least a few hours away. Thanks for the award and thanks for finding my blog! Good luck on your 5k! My mom is doing her first 5k next weekend. There are a lot of good websites and workouts online. You can e-mail me at cassirash@gmail.com if I can help in any way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mandy! Thank you so much for passing the award along to me! That was so sweet of you. :) You have such a cute blog... I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't you a sweetie?! Thank you for the award and I'll get busy doing some self-reflection and passing it along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my husband would be jealous that you met Jimmy Houston!! I can relate to the "widow" comment in the upcoming months. I'm just hoping that my husband gets his "big" buck early-on in the season :). I love your blog... I will be back to read more! you have a beautiful life! When is your Etsy shop opening or is it already open?... I wish my girls were still babies because I LOVE the onesies. A friend of mine just had a baby girl yesterday... they would make a great gift!

    ReplyDelete