Sunday, September 13, 2009

Weekend Recap

We had a very rainy, relaxing, low-key weekend. Friday night when I got home from work I suprised Clint by saying "Yes" when he asked if I wanted to go to Sherman with him. When I say suprised, I mean I never do anything spontaneously - so when I said "Yes" he said, "you do?" So, off we went. He had bought a new bow for hunting this year and he wanted to go to Gander Mountain and get some things put on it. He dropped me off at Hobby Lobby so I could shop while waiting on him. I walked down to the bookstore after I was finished in HL and bought a book I had read about on someone's blog. The book is a diary of a girl during a trip from Arizona to Texas in the late 1800's. It is called, "These is my words" it is really good so far.
Saturday, I sewed all day and watched football. My OSU Cowboys got beat, but the game was good. In the evening, we drove around looking for deer (Clint is getting the fever, this happens every year!) It is getting to be that time of year - I always say I am a widow from October 1 to January 15 every year! I guess I can think of worse things my husband could be addicted to rather than hunting - so I feel very blessed. I took some pictures of a couple of things I finished up for my Etsy shop. Let me know what you think!




I am spending Sunday afternoon catching up on laundry and ironing. May even sneak a little nap in. I taught children's church this mornng and our lesson was over Mary and Martha - so this week my goal is to try to keep my heart and my ears open for God's word - not get so wrapped up in being busy, busy, busy. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog. Love you. You've received the Honest Scrap award. Tell me ten honest things I don't already know!

    ReplyDelete