Sunday, September 27, 2009

Long weekend recap

I say "long" because I was off on Friday and am also going to be off Monday. Yeah me!! So, this is an update of the last few days, I was too busy to blog until now. This could get quite lengthy, but, I have time. I am sitting in the Tahoe in the Gander Mountain parking lot waiting on Clint. There is something about a man and his hunting hobby!! I can't say a word, he waits on me when I am in Hobby Lobby, Recollections, Michaels, the mall, well, you get the picture! He is so good to me! Ok, update time.....
Wednesday was our 9th anniversary. I can't believe it has been 9 years. I have a very sweet picture post to do, maybe tomorrow. Clint sent me flowers to work that day, they were so pretty. The bottom of them were yellow and faded to hot pink out toward the tips. I felt so special with them sitting on my desk that afternoon!
Thursday I attended a very special occasion. One of my dearest friends, Sherri, and her daughter Abby, are moving into a new place. So, Thursday a bunch of us showed up at her place unannounced while the washer and dryer were being delivered. We thought this was a perfect time to circle around and pray over the home before anything was moved in. We all joined hands and each of us prayed that God would wrap the home in love and just bless these special girls that all of us love so much. It was really a neat thing, I totally felt the Holy Spirit in the room. Love you guys so much!! and I know the new place is going to be perfect for the beginning of your new life.
Friday was a vacation day for me, we thought we would go out of town for our anniversary but things didn't work out. I took the day anyway. I got up early and did several loads of laundry and cleaned up the kitchen real good. I was working on some things for a show I was doing on Saturday and then there was a knock on the door....Most of you know our home is for sale, WELL....I opened the door and saw a very lovely couple standing there. They explained they were passing through and had called to make an appointment to view our place. They also explained they didn't receive a call back from our realtor (another long story, tell that one later!!) so they decided to come by and just look around. I took them through the house and we walked out to the pastures and stuff. They were so nice and seemed to be very interested so we'll see. Say a prayer we get an offer!!! I don't believe in coincidences, I believe in faith, and we have been praying fervently that God would show us we were doing the right thing. SO, you put that together.
Friday night we went to the local FFA rodeo. McKenna was up in the junior bull-riding. He has ridden for 5 years now, and I thought he was "retiring" but he couldn't NOT ride in his hometown rodeo!! HELLO!!??!! He got bucked off, so didn't win anything. Hopefully, he will hang up the bullrope now and get into something else!! Keep your fingers crossed.
Saturday morning I did a trade show with a friend in Hugo. I took some of the things I have been making and set them up in her booth. There were lots of people but not a whole lot of sales. But I did make several contacts so that was encouraging. After I got home, Clint and I packed a bag and were off to Frisco for the night. We stopped and shopped a few places on our way (I shopped, Clint waited) We checked into the Embassy Suites in Frisco and then went to eat. We love mexican food, so decided on Posados. Yum! They have the best homemade tortillas. Next, to the mall. We looked at the movie schedules and decided on the one we wanted to see. It was going to be about an hour so I went shopping and, well, Clint waited! After the movie, we perused the bookstore then headed back to the hotel and watched football. Yep, football!!!
Sunday morning we had a delicious breakfast at the hotel. It was soooo good. On the way home, we stopped and did some more shopping (I shopped, Clint waited). So, that brings us to the present and I'm finished. And I'm waiting, Clint's shopping!

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you guys had a great time. I can not believe it has been 9 years. Seems like yesterday we where glittering signs for the wedding outside the church. It is funny how you can remember details like that.

    Love,
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad to hear that you had a good time.kyle was so young when he cought the garter and now he will be 23 next month.

    ReplyDelete