Saturday, June 6, 2009

Something yummy for your tummy

UMMMM...........
Is all I can say. I made Clint's favorite cornbread tonight for supper. I had fixed ribs and red beans. Clint claims he can't eat red beans without cornbread and I was feeling rather comfortable in the kitchen (it could be the fact that I was supposed to be studying but my brain hurt and I needed a break) so I decided to make my mom's mexican cornbread. And my mom doesn't do things from a box - we're talking scratch here!!
It turned out very well so I thought I would pass along the recipe...

Pat's Mexican Cornbread

3 C. Cornmeal mix
1 dash Salt
4 eggs
2 C. milk
3-6 jalapenos, diced
1 can drained whole kernel corn
1 C. vegetable oil
1 C. Chopped onion
2 C. grated cheese

Mix all ingredients except cheese. Pour 1/2 batter into a prepared, heated iron skillet that has a small amount of veg oil in it. (I always put the skillet with the oil in the oven while its preheating, the batter should "sizzle" when poured in.) Put a layer of cheese on top of the batter. Then, add 1/2 batter on top of cheese. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake at 425 for 25 minutes. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment