Monday, June 29, 2009

Will someone please push the "Pause" button

I feel like Dorothy in the tornado..........Last week Hunter had a softball tournament, it was Boswell Homecoming, McKenna had make-up games, Clint was busy in the hayfield, work was spiraling out of control, and I was right in the middle of it all. On my way to work, I called my Mom (Hunter was staying with her during the day while we worked) I made arrangements for who and what time she would be picked up for the games. I called Clint to relay the message to make sure he knew if he had "pick-up" duty or I called to find out what field and what time. The weekend came and it was blazing hot, we went to the parade and came home to cool off, just to find out someone was coming Sunday to look at the house. I flew through a major tidy-up session in time to head to the rodeo Saturday night. Hunter got too hot at the rodeo only to throw up right on the streets of Boswell during the street dance, actually not on the street, I made her dash behind the Dixie (am I a bad mom for doing that? I didn't want to look at vomit and didn't think anyone else did either.) Anyway, we went home. Turned the air on high and went to bed. Sunday, Hunter and I stayed in our pjs until 11 a.m. She didn't feel well and I had odds and ends to tidy up for the visitors. They came, they saw, they went. No word on an offer.
Fast forward to today, off to work, busy Monday as usual. Clint sent a text, he's sick - can't breathe! Send him to Walgreen's for allergy meds. He buys a sack full of various cold, allergy, flu and cough meds! Just like a guy!! McKenna started playoffs tonight. We won! Yeah! Play again tomorrow night. On my way home, my week was running through my head: Tuesday - ballgame, Wednesday - get Alumni stuff ready for Saturdays meeting, Thursday: ballgame, Friday - holiday from work (yeah!) - ballgame - decorate for VBS that starts Sunday, Saturday - Bennington Homecoming, Alumni meeting and finish decorating for VBS and Sunday - 1st night of VBS Yeah! I love VBS!!!
And is all boils down to the title - "Will someone PLEASE PRESS PAUSE" (so I can at least take a breath!)

1 comment:

  1. I am sorry your week is going at such a fast pace. Remember when we where kids and life seemed to go so slow. Things would just drag by. Well I guess we are making up for it now. I do know how you feel.

    ReplyDelete