Saturday, June 20, 2009

Tomorrow's the BIG DAY!

Hey guys, I'm sitting in the internet cafe at the hotel in Houston, Texas! Gosh, it is SOOO Hot! Tomorrow is the big exam, pray extra hard for me tonight and tomorrow. I have had this day circled on my calendar since August of last year and it finally arrived! I wasn't nervous until the drive down, I realized I had only 1 book with me! Yikes! I have lugged around two different book bags stuffed to the gills with books for the last year, it almost made me feel queasy!! I have been so wrapped up with the date that I almost forgot tomorrow is Father's Day. Luckily, I did get my cards out but just a few minutes ago I read Mammy's post over at cometomammys.blogspot.com. Mammy is a very dear friend and her post today about her Dad made me a little teary-eyed. I am very thankful for my Dad. Though he doesn't want to be mentioned or photographed for my blog, I am gonna mention him today of all days! (He thinks the Chinese maffia or something is monitoring my blog - yeah right! Me, little ole me from podunk Oklahoma!! It's a hilarious joke with me and my mom) Ha Ha. Love you Dad - You are very special to me. I can count on my Dad for encouragement, love, advice - whether I think I need it or not, physical help, and lessons in loyalty and family. He is a wonderful mentor, father, Pepaw, and husband to my wonderful mother. I'm thankful for my Dad today and everyday. He was the last person I saw today before I headed out, he hugged me and sweetly whispered, "Go get'm Babe!" Love you Daddy! Happy Father's Day.!
Speaking of Fathers, I better go rescue my kiddos, Clint is watching them at the pool!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Mandy! I will be praying for you! I know you will do great! Tell Clint and your Dad Happy Father's day for me! Have a safe trip home! Call me when you get some free time! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete