Friday, June 5, 2009

In the midst of it all...

This week was very eventful in the Pierce household. To sum it up - lots of laughter, giggling, eating, hanging out, and fun!! Did I mention it included 3 very energetic "pre-teens?" This week Sydney, my niece, came home with my parents from Wichita to stay 2 weeks. Every summer for a few years now, she stays on the farm for part of her summer vacation. Her cousins, McKenna and Hunter, (my darlins) go to Granni's also so they can all "hang-out, swim, and drive my mother crazy." We, unfortunately, had a death in the family also this week. Mom's aunt in Odessa, Aunt Mutt, passed away. (She is who I am named after and I have been told have a personality a lot like hers.) So....Dad and Mom were going to have to go out of town for the funeral - that means "who keeps the tweens?? MIMI and CLINT!!!!
The first night was exciting - they all piled into Hunter's room and made palletts in the floor and watched movies until they fell asleep. They stayed home while I went to work and pretty much watched TV all day. Is there such a thing as "TV overload?" When I got home, much to my suprise, the entire house was clean!! WHOA! Who are these kids and what did you do with mine!! It was very nice. We had dinner and then got outside and played some baseball. They slept in the living room that night and Sydney, who was recovering from a spider bite, woke me during the night to come look at the gunk coming out of her leg. Don't get me wrong, if you have something gross and icky, I'm your girl, but at 1 in the morning - have mercy, child!!!! I stumbled into the living room trying to put my glasses on and sure enough, it was icky all over the place! We got that patched up and back to bed I went. When I got up the next morning to go to work I so desperately wanted to wake them all up and make them be sleepy like I was!!! Randy came and got them and took them swimming the next day, I thought for sure that would wear them out. I think these kids are like the Energizer bunny - they keep going and going!! After supper, they piled into McKenna's room and when I went to bed they were watching scary movies and screaming at the top of their lungs!! I asked Clint if I could sneak outside and scare them through the window and he said "Only if you want to stay up all night with them." Good point, honey!! They had a good time together and though I yelled sometimes at them, Mimi and Clint had a good time too!! Reflecting on the week, I hope someday they look back on these moments and say, "Remember how much fun we had when we were kids...." Love you guys!!

No comments:

Post a Comment